Wednesday, November 23, 2011

After working consecutive 10 hr to 14 hr days, I finally have a day off.  I decided to settle in and work on some knitting.  I would love to continue with my sweater, but I need double pointed needle for the sleeves and after driving over 300 miles in 2 days for work, I DO NOT want to even look at my car or think about having to drive 30+ minutes (one way) to find a craft store to buy these things.
Note to self:  stop by Michaels in between store calls so I don't have to do it on my day off!  Yes, I was right next to a Michaels (actually two) over the past couple days, so I only have myself to blame for not being able to finish my sweater this weekend.  So, instead I will work on a super cute little scarf made out of a yummy silk/wool blend yarn.


Well, as I started to settle in I noticed some movement outside our back sliding door.  Now, we back up to the woods so you would think we get a lot of wildlife, but really all we ever see are squirrels, birds and insects - mainly spiders - lots and lots of BIG and UGLY spiders.  Oh, and I can't forget about all the ticks...there are tons of ticks out here.  But today I had a pleasant surprise and I had to run and get my camera:



I really do love living in a home that backs up to the woods.  Views like this almost make up for all the bugs.

No comments: