I finally took the time to charge my camera batteries and take pictures of my recent creations.
I will start with my new knitting endeavor...my first ever knitted item - a ripple shawl. At this point I am about halfway through and it is easy enjoyable TV knitting, AS LONG AS I keep the light on (ask me HOW I know...LOL). I love the spring color - hoping it will bring some sunshine into an otherwise dull winter.
Now to earlier projects...
I found a local bead shop and learned to make beaded jewelry (thanks Louise for telling me about this shop!!). This is my first bracelet:
I took a silversmithing class and learned to design and create a pendant in sterling silver. I actually did the design, set the stone and did all the silver soldering. I had sooo much fun...now I just need to get some supplies to keep this up!
I also took a chainmaille class and learned to weave wire rings. I LOVE this art and I adore my first bracelet made from sterling silver:
I love making chainmaille jewely, and REALLY love it in sterling silver...unfortunately it's too expensive to play with. So I switched to copper just to learn and play around with. These are some of my copper creations:
That's all I have for now...I need to order more supplies for all the ideas in my head
Sunday, August 16, 2009
I received this in an email from my sister (in-law) and thought I'd share...
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught
me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written.. My odometer
rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:"
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument.? Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone..
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ''In five years, will this matter?".
26. Always choose life.
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
32. Believe in miracles.
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
34. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now..
35. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
36. Your children get only one childhood.
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere..
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all lived by these rules! Enjoy life today!