Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good Things Come in SMALL Packages....

You know the old adage:  Good things come in small packages.  Well, friends, I'm here to tell you that isn't always true...especially when dealing with employment contracts.  It looks as though, in my total excitement for my wonderful husband to have a seemingly perfect job offer, I may have jumped the gun a little.  As another old saying goes....If it's too good to be true, it usually is.   Apparently, as contract negotiations began, we found that things are not as they were verbally discussed.  Without getting into all the grubby little details,  there were too many unresolved issues, which left us feeling very uneasy about pursuing this any further.   Not to sound "wishy-washy" or anything, we have formally withdrawn from negotiations and declined the position.  We have officially reverted back to our original plan to move to Denver, which is not a bad thing - we both are excited for Denver and all the possibilities that city holds.  So, instead of deleting my prior post, I am posting this retraction.  Please disregard everything from my last post - it was all hogwash.   Denver, here we come...unless we don't...who knows anymore LOL

3 comments:

Janessa said...

Well it's a good thing you saw the red flags now rather then after the fact. It's such a huge commitment that you don't want to just jump into it. I'm sure things will all work out and you'll look back on this and see how the hand of the Lord led you to where you will happily enjoy then next stage of your life. Best of luck! Have fun in Colorado - maybe:)

Linda said...

Hang in there! I've felt that same frustration, and you will survive it. Life is always surprising and when we look back, it's always amazing at how the pieces fit together in the end.

Anonymous said...

I love that sign!!! That says I am 30 minutes from home! Michelle