Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hi...my name is Suzy and I'm a (developing) yarnaholic.  I am an addict...obsessed with all things yarn.  It is my crack and Jessi is a B-A-D influence on me!!  LOL  Over the Memorial day weekend, I went to Coralville and spent Saturday with Jessi.  It was my 12th anniversary.  I spent it playing with yarn, not my husband.  I'm bad, I tell you...addicted to yarn crack.  Of course, Bubba and I had a lovely evening together to celebrate 12 years of love and marriage, so at least he wasn't totally ignored.  Besides, he spent our anniversary playing Call of Duty and thought I was only gone two hours, not the eight hours I was really gone - so we both had fun, which set the tone for a great weekend. (Disclaimer: we were supposed to spend the day on the golf course, enjoying our anniversary TOGETHER, but his shoulder injury flared up and his doctor ordered him to take it easy for a few days, which meant no golf.  So, he would have spent the day playing that blasted video game whether I was home or not)


These are some of my recent acquisitions...I love the pretty colors - they entice me to spend money and I just can't resist. 
 





 Bubba made me a cool new tool to use to help me with my yarn winding...a yarn swift from pvc.  I eventually want a beautiful wooden one that can mount to the wall and a table, but I will have him do that after we are set up in the new house.  Besides, I have NO space in this house for a table-top swift, so this floor model is perfect - and it easily comes apart for storage.  This works wonderfully and cost less than $20 (which means more $$ for my habit!!)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Yarn is certainly a better habit to have then some I can think of. All I know how to knit is a dishcloth or towel. I would love to have all those colors. Knit something fun!!!

Linda said...

Funny post! Randy is a good guy who knows about the magic of PVC. What else could you want?

Jessim said...

Love the swift.

Don't blame me, blame the yarn fumes.

Anonymous said...

First off...thank you very much for reading, and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. The more readers I have, the more I will actually WANT to do this.

Another yarn addict. I am a newbie to yarn, and already, I am finding it to be like a drug...only a legal, healthy one. =)

Anonymous said...

PVC...it is absolutely amazing what can be done with a little PVC, and some creativity. This is a really cool tool. I enjoy your blog. Expect visits quite often.

www.theyarnproject.livejournal.com

Adolescent Family said...

Happy anniversary! so glad to hear that you guys are well! :) When is the moving date? What else is going on with you guys?