Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cold Feet - Warm Socks

Yay for me!  I finally finished my very first knitted socks - and just in time because they are wool and the weather turned cold this weekend!  They are a tad big, even though I made them toe-up and tried them on numerous times, and the heels looks funny when they're not on my feet (actually the entire sock looks clown-like without my tootsies in them, but who cares...right?!)  I have to say that knitting socks two at a time on two circular needles was actually enjoyable...I might have stumbled upon ANOTHER addiction  LOL
I even have left over yarn...maybe I will have to make a sock yarn blankie too, just like Jessi!  :)

5 comments:

Jessim said...

I love them.

If it makes you feel better I think it's harder to get toe up socks to fit right- mine are often too long.

How much yarn do you have left over? Can I have like 5 grams for my blanket? I'll share some of mine for yours (because you need like 800 squares to make a blanket- that's a lot of socks...) Is it Regia or Opal? It looks like it might be.


Can't wait to see your next pair! You'll have to come teach me how to do 2 circs!

Michelle said...

Way cute. What a great talent to have!

Linda said...

So cute! I am so jealous of your new found skills and your warm socks!

The Shepro's said...

You are soooo talented! You pick all the crafts I stay away from cause they look so hard..you are one adventurous crafter!

Janessa said...

They are so super cute! You could have told me they were store bought and I would have belived it. You are professional!