Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yay! Summer is here...warm, sunny days, kids riding their bikes in the street, people out walking their dogs...I love summer. I just wish I had time to enjoy it! It seems we are too busy to live...too busy with work, too busy with home remodeling - busy busy busy, and no time to PLAY! I want to go golfing, ride our bikes, take the dog to the lake - you know, warm weather stuff. Not sit in my office typing reports, or cleaning the MESS that is my house. I need to go through our storage unit and basement, organize and hold a garage sale (or numerous garage sales), and just de-junk our home and start packing (yes, I know Randy doesn't graduate until February, but there's a distinct possibility of moving this fall). We can't possibly move all this stuff with us...it would cost a fortune! Besides not NEEDING most of this stuff. We seem to have more than when we moved and "downsized"...how does that happen? There's so much to do, way too little time to do it. HELP!!!! Oh well...baby steps I guess.

4 comments:

Jessim said...

I have to tell you, that was the nicest thing about the air force moving us. We got to weed out AFTER we got here, before things got "put away". They moved whatever, and we didn't pay by weight.

I think having to weed out while packing would be so much tougher.

I agree with you about not being able to enjoy summer. I've been tied to my computer. I might get time tomorrow, but unfortunately time to enjoy summer means no income.

SuzyQ01 said...

I was supposed to weed as we unpacked here, but seeing as we still haven't unpacked everything and it's all in storage, it makes it hard - that's what happens when you keep downsizing the house but upsizing your stuff LOL

Linda said...

I've given up on the idea of garage sales. Stuff is just going into big white trash bags and then right out to the car to be dropped off at Goodwill. I don't want the hassle of dealing with it anymore because my mental health (such as it is) is worth more than garage sale frenzy and/or guilt. I hate STUFF

Janessa said...

I went with Linda's stratagy with this move - just sent all the extra stuff to Goodwill. If you have the time and energy to put into a grage sale, good for you! If not, make it easier for yourself and just get rid of it. I want to hear more about your plans and the possibility of moving this fall. Do you know where you're going yet? Come to Texas!