Friday, January 29, 2010

Mad Skills

I've now got mad ninja skills...with my brand-spankin'-new circular knitting needles - so watch out!  LOL   I finally made my first real foray into circular knitting and made a hat. I've been putting this off for months because of those EVIL double-pointed needles (DPNs) - yes, they ARE evil!!  Every time I tried to work with them I either made tons of mistakes or almost lost an eye from all those pointy ends sticking out.   I got so excited when I found out I didn't HAVE to use DPNs for knitting in the round E-V-E-R  (yay!!)   So, armed with two sets of circular needles, I was able to finish with no mistakes AND the hat actually fits!  cha-ching   Even Bubba was impressed and wants me to make a hat for him  :)

 

 

2 comments:

Adolescent Family said...

Good Job! I wish I had 'mad skills' in knitting!

What are you guys up to? Have you made any decisions on where your going?

Janessa said...

Very, very nice! I want one...Oh wait, I don't need one in Texas:) I love to peek at your blog and see what new amazingness you've created. You are so talented! Glad you haven't lost an eye yet in all of your crafty adventures.