Sunday, August 16, 2009

I finally took the time to charge my camera batteries and take pictures of my recent creations.

I will start with my new knitting endeavor...my first ever knitted item - a ripple shawl. At this point I am about halfway through and it is easy enjoyable TV knitting, AS LONG AS I keep the light on (ask me HOW I know...LOL). I love the spring color - hoping it will bring some sunshine into an otherwise dull winter.


Now to earlier projects...

I found a local bead shop and learned to make beaded jewelry (thanks Louise for telling me about this shop!!). This is my first bracelet:


I took a silversmithing class and learned to design and create a pendant in sterling silver. I actually did the design, set the stone and did all the silver soldering. I had sooo much fun...now I just need to get some supplies to keep this up!


I also took a chainmaille class and learned to weave wire rings. I LOVE this art and I adore my first bracelet made from sterling silver:


I love making chainmaille jewely, and REALLY love it in sterling silver...unfortunately it's too expensive to play with. So I switched to copper just to learn and play around with. These are some of my copper creations:

European 6-in-1 weave

Mobius Flower Chain

Double to Single Strand Byzantine Watch

Fine gauge Byzantine

Chunky gauge Byzantine

Half-Persian Weave (close-up)

Half-Persian Weave

Linda's Favorite - Japanese 12-in-1


That's all I have for now...I need to order more supplies for all the ideas in my head

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, that is my favorite weave and shame on you for starting me along the path of a new hobby when I've totally run out of room for anything new because all the old hobby stuff is piled to the rafters! :D

Jessim said...

Wow that is some amazing stuff. I especially like the beaded bracelet and the silver pendant. I haven't ever gotten into jewerly making, mostly because I don't wear jewerly, but it all looks so pretty!

Janessa said...

Wow, you are amazing!!! You are so talented. I love that you are always learning and trying new things. I wish I lived close enough for you to come over and show me how to do some of the jewelry making stuff. You're welcome to visit us anytime.

Michelle said...

Cool stuff you made, love it!